22 December 2007

A Warstory

The other day my friend, Zaloko, and I were playing Battlefield 2. The server chose Songhoa Stalemate (one of the better maps), and per usual I played sniper. Zaloko chose support with the medic, and also happened to be an adept pilot. We resolved to work together and put our phones on speaker to create a tactical advantage. Zaloko has logged over ten in flight hours in Battlefield 2, thats a ton of flying. As such, we spawned and jumped right into a helicopter to lead the Chinese charge. As we flew over enemy territory (not for long, hehheh) Zaloko ordered, "Look right! Take them out!" "GAAHHH!," I yelled, fumbling with all the sniper positions. F2, F3, too many. Suddenly, Zaloko was yelling at me "Eject! Eject!" By the time I realized what was happening we were crashing straight into the ground. "Which button?" I shouted back! I pressed keys frantically but it was too late. "You will spawn in 20 seconds," the game told me. But it didn't matter, we were laughing too hard to be bothered by failure.We respawned and met up. "Hey!" I wondered, "Is friendly fire on?"Neither of us knew. "Don't move," I ordered. So I scrolled to my pistols and shot him in the head point-blank. And at the exact same time, Zaloko shot me. We laughed. "I guess so." Two health packs later we were on our merry way to capture a flag. I arrived at the crest of a hill overlooking an enemy base, which they'd recently captured (second Chinese flag from the left, in picture). I think every player in the map was there. The enemy was scrambling like ants. I lay prone and aimed down my M24 bolt-action rifle. Sometimes, players aren't too intelligent. Three U.S. players all went to the same open space in the base, and lay down on top of each other; their heads were overlapping. I couldn't help but laugh at the free kill they were providing. One shot, two kills. PWN3D.
Epilogue:
Woah! I forget this awesome part. There was an enemy tank nearby and I'm like, "I'm going to run over and blow it up." And I ran over and planted two C4 on the tank's side, quickly dodging out of the way before it blasted into char. It was awesome. Best. Game. Ever.

By Finn Haverkamp. AKA, Gryffin.
Originally Posted on Invisible Studio.

No comments: