23 December 2007

Today, I Encountered Something that Completely Woke Up My Conscious

I was playing Assassin's Creed today, riding through the Kingdom on my way to Acre, and something remarkable happened today.

To start off, I've never been much of a "politcally correct" person, and not someone to protest against violence. I came across a fairly large French encampment towards the West side of the map, and found close to a hundred soldiers in total doted throughout the site. Section of tents by section of tents, I killed them all, usually about 5 or 6 at a time, usually by assassinating one or two, then facing the rest by sword.

Then, I came across two tall outposts made of wood. I climbed the first one, to find a guard cowering in fear at the top. I didn't really notice what he was doing, being so used to killing the soldiers on site at the moment, so I grabbed him and threw him off, to his death.

I ran to the next outpost, climbed up, and found one soldier at the top. He was down on his knees, cowering in fear, holding his hands in a pleading manner. I was about to throw him off like the last, but I stopped and thought about it. I literally sat, staring at the screen, and the soldier's pleading face for 5 minutes. I turned around and climed down the ladder, to kill some other Franks by the tent.

Now, you don't have to put much thought into this. Hell, I'm not even putting much thought into it, but it's interesting. It made me think, that's all, not necessarily about anything, just think.

By Shnozzle from the PlayStation Forums on November 20, 2007.
Image from The Gamers Gallery

No comments: