13 January 2008

All Roads Lead To Rome

-me watching one of the later romancing Liara conversation scenes-

Girlfriend walks into room, looks at the TV

-pause in conversation for a [dialouge] choice-

I unconciously make a "hmmm" noise that probably sounded like, "mmmm"

-detects a disturbance in the Force-

Girlfriend asks:
(in DANGER, DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON! quiet, "offhand question" voice)

"Is she prettier than me?"

-sigh-

I (of course) answered her, "No."

Then, distracted as I continued to play the game, followed it up with,

"She's a fictional character in a video game."

(in what I thought was my "talking to myself" voice)

"Next thing you're gonna do is ask me if she makes you look fat..."

The very bad kind of quiet follows, my brain slowly catching up to what I had just said a bit louder than I had intended.

"She doesn't...make you look...she's not real, honey..."

I hear the gf go back to the bedroom, the sense of being in the proverbial doghouse thick in the air.

Thank goodness I still had more Mass Effect to play.

By KeeperOTD. From Mass Effect Forums.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Haha, never mess with the girlfriends!